In today's economy, a company is often defined in the global marketplace by its success in procuring, managing and enforcing its intellectual property.
Perkins Coie's lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complicated intellectual property issues that companies face at all stages of growth. Ranked by Law360 as one of the largest IP practices in the country, our practice includes more than 250 lawyers focused on IP litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, technology licensing, copyrights, and trade secret and unfair competition counseling. Our clients include companies in all technologies and industries around the world. The IP practice also has extensive experience litigating patent and trademark infringement actions, Internet-related disputes and gray market and anti-counterfeiting claims for companies in the software, online retail, search and electronics industries. Our clients benefit from our interdisciplinary approach to matters, which combines extensive legal and technical experience with strong corporate and litigation resources in a leading technology law firm.
Recent IP Recognition
- Named an IP Litigation “Powerhouse” that general counsel look to hire in the 2019 BTI Litigation Outlook report, an annual analysis of the legal landscape by BTI Consulting Group
- Recognized as one of the top “Firms That Dominated the Federal Circuit” two years in a row
- Named by Law360 as an appellate "Practice Group of the Year" in 2018
- Recognized as a leader in “Innovation in Business of Law” for our patent portfolio tools P4 and Portfolio Dashboard by the Financial Times
- Ranked third for gender diversity in our IP practice, per the inaugural Inclusion Blueprint Survey by ChIPs and the Diversity Lab
- Named the seventh most active law firm in the country for inter partes reviews in Patexia Inc.’s IPR Intelligence Report. Five Perkins Coie attorneys were also named among the most active and best performing individuals representing petitioners or patent owners.
- Ranked among the leading firms nationally and globally for Intellectual Property by Chambers USA
- Named the most-hired firm by America’s largest companies for IP litigation by Corporate Counsel
- Named the U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Law Firm of the Year” in Patent Law for the third time
- Ranked #7 largest IP law firm globally by Law360
- Ranked 3rd among “The Firms That Landed The Most Patent Suits Last Year“ per Lex Machina
- Ranked top national firm for “litigation milestones” for patentee cases and 4th for defense cases per Docket Navigator
- Ranked 6th among all law firms nationwide handling IPR, CBM and PGR proceedings per Docket Navigator
- Ranked one of the top ten law firms for representing PTAB petitioners by Managing Intellectual Property
- Ranked among the top ten law firms for patent quality by Intellectual Asset Management
- Named Trademark Law Firm of the Year by U.S. News - Best Lawyers®
- Featured in World Trademark Review 1000, The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals