For more than 30 years, Perkins Coie has helped international clients with their business activities in China and advised Chinese companies on their outbound transactions to the United States and other worldwide jurisdictions.
In 2002, we opened our Beijing office staffed with bilingual attorneys who maintain close relationships with Chinese government agencies and leading Chinese think tanks, universities and law firms to ensure that our advice reflects local laws and procedures, and the ever-changing policy environment in China. Our proximity to central government authorities also enables us to provide clients with the most up-to-date advice on how the interpretation and application of People's Republic of China laws and regulations affect their businesses and business strategies in Greater China.
Our Beijing attorneys advise clients on a full range of legal matters in the PRC, including the following:
- Intellectual Property
- Trademark Portfolio Management
- Complex PRC IP Litigation Involving Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents & Trade Secrets
- PRC Anti-counterfeiting & Anti-piracy Actions
- PRC Border Control Support
- Technology Transfer & IP Licensing
- Strategic Advertising & Marketing Advice
- International Trade, Regulatory & Government Affairs
- Arbitration, Litigation & Investigations
- E-Commerce, Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Issues
- Corporate Law & Cross-border Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Labor & Employment
- Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
- Foreign Invested Enterprises
Our Beijing attorneys are regularly recognized as leaders in the areas of intellectual property, international trade and corporate law by premier peer-reviewed directories, including Chambers, WTR, Asialaw and Legal 500.
Please note that we are a foreign law firm registered with the Ministry of Justice of the People's Republic of China. Under current Chinese regulations, we are allowed to provide information concerning the effects of the Chinese legal environment, but we are not authorized to practice Chinese law or to render legal opinions in respect of Chinese law. We work in cooperation with a number of Chinese law firms and can assist clients who require a legal opinion in respect of any Chinese law matter or other assistance from a Chinese firm.