As Chief Practice Management Officer, Toby Brown leads the firm’s revenue management and efficiency programs, legal project management, pricing, process improvement, practice innovation, alternative staffing and new partner integration. Toby has more than a decade of experience in practice management and pricing with Am Law firms and is the former director of the Utah State Bar.
Toby is an active member and leader in organizations devoted to legal knowledge management, and he speaks to national audiences on legal pricing, alternative fee arrangements and other law firm financial management issues. He is the founder of the Legal Marketing Association’s annual P3 Conference, which brings together more than 400 pricing, project management and process improvement experts in the legal profession. Toby also co-founded the “3 Geeks and a Law” blog and co-authored the book, Law Firm Pricing: Strategies, Roles and Responsibilities.
- Named to The National Law Journal 's 2013 list of Legal Business Trailblazers & Pioneers in the category of Strategists & Drivers
- Recipient of the National Association of Bar Executives:
- Peer Excellence Award, 2007
- Anne Charles Communications Award, 2006
- President’s Award, 2006
- Legal Marketing Association, Client Value Shared Interest Group, Founder and Chair
- KM Standards Advisory Board – 2012 to present
- LegalBizDev Advisory Board, Certified Legal Project Manager Program, 2010 to present
- International Legal Technology Association, 2007 to present
- Financial Management Peer Group, Steering Committee, 2011 - 2013
- American Marketing Association, Houston Chapter, 2009 - 2011; Board Member, 2009 - 2010
- Legal Aid Society of Salt Lake, Board of Trustees, 1993 - 1999; President, 1996 - 1998
- ABA TECHSHOW, Presenter and Outer Board Member, 2005 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014
- National Association of Bar Executives, 1996 - 2007