Susan James is a senior project manager with the firm’s E-Discovery Services & Strategy practice. She consults with attorneys on e-discovery matters to recommend technology solutions to target relevant data, enhance document review and conserve cost. Susan also designs and manages cost-effective and efficient document reviews. She has experience managing discovery projects from data preservation to depositions. Additionally, Susan develops and implements effective solutions to a wide variety of discovery challenges by employing innovative technology solutions.
Susan brings a wealth of experience from the e-discovery industry, having worked with multiple law firms, e-discovery service providers and in-house corporate counsel. She has managed large e-discovery projects and has been responsible for supporting Relativity in a hosted environment, which included creation of workflows and providing training to case teams. In 2014, Susan created an internal ticketing application that was a finalist for kCura's Relativity Fest Innovation Award.
Susan is a Relativity Certified Administrator (RCA) and a Relativity Certified User (RCU). She is also a Concordance Certified Software Administrator (CCSA). Susan has experience with a wide range of other discovery technologies, including eCapture, Equivio, TrueCrypt, Analytics and TAR.
- Featured on kCura's Relativity Blog, February 2015, Shana Kirchner, Relativity Innovations Spotlight: A Custom Ticketing System in Relativity (Feb. 12, 2015)
- Finalist for the Relativity Fest 2014 Innovation Award
- ACEDS Detroit, Member and Social Media Coordinator for 2016 E-Discovery Symposium
- Women in eDiscovery, Seattle Chapter Member, 2012 - present
- Relativity User Group, Seattle Steering Committee Member, 2012 - 2015
- Vespa Club of Seattle, Public Relations Director, 2012 - 2015
- Xerox Corporation, E-Discovery Case Manager for General Motors, 2015 - 2016
- Keller Rohrback LLP, Senior Legal Technology Analyst, 2012 - 2015
- Lighthouse eDiscovery, Technical Project Manager and Hosted Solutions Project Manager, 2010 - 2012
- EED, Inc., E-Discovery Project Manager, 2005 - 2008
- Perkins Coie LLP, Data Center Manager, 1998 - 2000
- Perkins Coie LLP, Litigation Support Analyst, 1992 - 1995; 1997 - 1998