Steven Schindler represents individuals and families in personal and estate planning strategies that range from basic estate plans to sophisticated planning techniques to achieve a variety of family legacy and charitable objectives. He advises clients on probate and trust administration, estate and trust dispute resolution, and tax matters, including the preparation of gift and estate tax returns. He also advises private clients with international assets regarding reporting obligations and compliance opportunities, including participation in the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program and related programs.
Steven also represents personal representatives (executors and administrators), trustees (including trustees of special needs trusts), guardians and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration. His practice includes working with individuals and groups to form charitable organizations and advising existing charitable organizations on a variety of legal and tax matters.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 - present: Trusts and Estates
- Selected as a “Notable Practitioner” in Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), 2016 - 2018
- Perkins Coie Washington practice ranked Band 1, in Private Wealth Law by Chambers High Net Worth (HNW), 2016 - 2018
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow, 2018
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, "Washington Rising Stars," 2014 - Present
- Estate Planning Council of Seattle, Executive Committee
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Past Chair
- Seattle Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2018
- End of Life Washington, Board Member
- Powerful Schools Inc., Board of Directors (Former Treasurer and Member)
- Office of the Attorney General, Charities Bureau, New York, NY, Summer Legal Intern, 2005
- Duke University, Duke Foundation Research Program (now the Center for Strategic Philanthropy and Civil Society), Durham, NC, Research Assistant, 2003 - 2007