Robert Jacobs, firm-wide chair of the firm's Insurance Recovery practice, has represented policyholders in a wide array of insurance coverage disputes arising from such things as product liabilities, asbestos and other toxic tort claims, first-party property loss, business interruption, advertising liability, professional liability, kidnap and ransom losses, and various directors and officers-related liabilities. Robert has extensive experience assisting policyholders in enforcing their rights to coverage under most commercial insurance products including Comprehensive General Liability (CGL) policies, London Market umbrella and excess policies, so-called “Bermuda Form” excess liability policies, cyber loss and liability policies, directors and officers liability policies, errors and omissions/professional liability policies, multimedia policies, fidelity policies and other specialized coverages. This experience includes all phases of litigation from pre-complaint investigation and counseling to trial, and also includes alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as domestic and international arbitrations and numerous mediations. Robert has particular experience in representing policyholders in London arbitrations, required under many Bermuda Form and other off-shore policies. Recently, Robert has been advising clients on insurance issues arising from emerging technologies, particularly blockchain technology and crypto-currencies.
Robert has written numerous articles and is a frequent lecturer on issues facing policyholders in insurance coverage disputes.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 - present: Insurance Law
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as "America's Leading Lawyers," 2008 - present
- Listed in Washington D.C. Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2015, 2017 - 2018
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal: Insurance & Reinsurance, 2017
- ABA Section of Insurance Coverage Litigation, Asbestos Subcommittee, Co-Chair
- American Bar Association, Tort and Insurance Practice Sections, Member