For more than 25 years Rob Aldisert has litigated and tried business, commercial, employment and product liability cases in the federal and state courts of Oregon, California and Washington. He has successfully represented clients in dozens of arbitrations and mediations, in both domestic and international settings. Rob has counseled clients across a variety of industries including manufacturing, automotive, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, energy, recreational products, commercial real estate and technology. He advises clients on disputes involving commercial contracts, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, employment discrimination and retaliation, trade secrets, entity operating agreements, class actions, and securities and corporate governance. Rob regularly represents clients defending wins or seeking relief in federal and state courts of appeals.
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America’s Leading Litigation Lawyers", 2016 - 2017
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Listed in Oregon Law and Politics, "Oregon Super Lawyers," 2009 - 2017
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, Commercial Section, Chair 2006; Vice-Chair, 2004 - 2005; Publications Liaison, Commercial Section, 2003
- Classroom Law Project, Board of Directors, 2011 - present; Member of Executive Committee, 2015 - present
- City Club of Portland, Board of Governors, 2012 - 2015; Chair of Research Committee producing report "Oregon PERS: Burdened by the Past, Poised for the Future (reviewing Oregon Public Employee Retirement System)," 2010 - 2011; Chair, Advocacy Committee for PERS report, 2011 - 2013
- High school and volunteer youth league baseball umpire, 2006 - present
- Member of Tabor Jazz Trio, which performs benefits for non-profit and charitable organizations including: Museum of Contemporary Craft (Oregon), Vancouver Symphony, Portland Public Schools, Oregon Environmental Council, DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital and Federal Bar Association
- Appointed law clerk to the Hon. William J. Brennan, Jr., Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the United States, 1990 Term (term not served due to Justice Brennan's retirement).
- Irell & Manella, Los Angeles, CA, Associate, 1991 - 1993
Hon. Charles Clark, Chief Judge , U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, 1989 - 1990