Gina LaMonica is a partner in the firm’s White Collar & Investigations practice group. She has extensive experience representing companies and individuals in a wide range of white collar criminal matters, as well as complex securities and civil litigation.
Gina has represented clients across a variety of industries in enforcement matters pending before the Department of Justice (DOJ), Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) and various State Attorney General actions. She counsels clients responding to allegations of financial fraud, accounting misstatements, securities fraud, insider trading, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations and government contract fraud.
Gina is regularly retained to conduct confidential internal investigations, both domestically and internationally, in matters relating to financial fraud, accounting irregularities, employee misconduct, anti-corruption compliance and whistleblower claims. She also counsels companies in the area of anti-corruption and FCPA compliance, bringing to bear her experience representing a joint DOJ and SEC-appointed corporate monitor for a multinational medical device manufacturer.
From 2013-2017, Gina has been named by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in White Collar Criminal Defense, a distinction reserved for the top 2.5 percent of Illinois lawyers under 40.
- Listed as an Illinois Rising Star as published in Chicago Magazine's Super Lawyer & Rising Star Section, 2010, 2013 - 2017
*The Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize certifications of specialties in the practice of law and no certificate, award or recognition is a requirement to practice law in Illinois.
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association, Chicago Chapter Co-Leader
- Better Government Association (BGA) Young Professionals Board, Officer and Founding Member, 2010 – present
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Iowa, Cedar Rapids, IA, Judicial Extern to Chief Judge Paul J. Kilburg
- Perkins Coie LLP, Chicago, IL, Summer Associate, 2006
- U.S. Senator Tim Johnson, Washington, D.C., Intern, 2001