Mara Boundy is an associate in the firm's Litigation practice. Mara has experience handling complex civil litigation matters concerning antitrust, unfair competition, breach of contract, and insurance coverage issues in California and federal courts. She has also litigated cases involving partnership liability, sovereign immunity, fraud, and rights in real property. Mara has prepared and argued dispositive motions and appeals, taken and defended depositions and participated in mediations.
Mara also has a robust pro bono practice. Mara secured political asylum for a client fleeing persecution in his home country and is currently seeking asylum for another. She also succeeded in convincing the government to drop deportation proceedings against a client, allowing him to begin the process of becoming a legal permanent resident.
Prior to joining the firm, Mara clerked in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and externed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Before law school, Mara worked at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Massachusetts, where she was a part of the major gifts team, raising funds in support of innovative therapies and research and compassionate patient care.
In addition to her work at Perkins, Mara teaches first-year legal writing at UC Hastings.
- UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA, Adjunct Professor, Legal Writing & Research and Moot Court, 2014 - present
- Hon. Marsha S. Berzon, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, San Francisco, CA, Judicial Extern, 2012
- Hastings Appellate Project, San Francisco, CA, Student Counsel, 2011 - 2012
- Perkins Coie LLP, Palo Alto, CA, Summer Associate, 2011
- UC Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA, Research Assistant, 2010 - 2011
- Hon. Claudia Wilken, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, Oakland, CA, Judicial Extern, 2010
- Center for Negotiation & Dispute Resolution, San Francisco, CA, Research Assistant, 2010
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Division of Development, Boston, MA, Senior Associate, 2006 - 2009
Hon. Nathanael Cousins, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 2012 - 2013