Kiran Griffith regularly advises a broad range of public and private clients on employee benefits matters. Her practice focuses on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other federal and state laws that affect employer-sponsored employee welfare benefit plans. Kiran’s experience in federal health care reform includes determining application of the employer mandate, assessing and minimizing the risk of agency penalty exposure, counseling on new information reporting and wellness program rules, and advising on strategic benefit designs. Kiran also counsels employers in connection with self-funded health benefits, high-deductible health plans, health savings accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, cafeteria plans, voluntary benefits, and qualified and nonqualified retirement plans. Her practice also includes advising on governmental filings and corrections for health and welfare and retirement plans.
Kiran has spoken and written about a variety of health care topics, including the ACA, wellness programs and information reporting, highlighting critical information for employers and employees. She is on the board of the South Asian Bar Association of Washington, and she is a young lawyer liaison to the American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Interest Group. Prior to attending Seattle University School of Law, Kiran served as a senior compliance manager of a business learning consultancy firm, where she worked with in-house counsel on sensitive compliance and business concerns.
- South Asian Bar Association of Washington, Board Member
- American Bar Association Joint Committee on Employee Benefits and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Interest Group, Young Lawyer Liasion
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Western Pension & Benefits Council, Seattle Chapter, Member
- ArtsFund Associates Program, Volunteer
- Stoel Rives LLP, Summer Associate, 2011, 2012; Associate, 2013 - 2016
- Gerson Lehrman Group, Senior Compliance Manager, 2006 - 2010