Associate Kimberly Harris has experience assisting clients with trust and estate planning issues, including drafting wills, powers of attorney and revocable trusts. She has additional experience reviewing contracts for compliance with federal and state statutes and with residential real estate closings.
Kimberly graduated from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, where she focused on estates and trusts and entrepreneurship law. She participated in the law school’s entrepreneurship law clinic, helping small business owners and startups with trademark and general corporate issues. Kimberly also earned a master’s in public affairs from Princeton University and completed multiple study abroad programs throughout her academic tenure, including an international business law and negotiation course in Tel Aviv, Israel.
Earlier in her career, Kimberly supported local governmental efforts to improve the lives of constituents in Wheaton, Illinois and Wichita, Kansas. In Wichita, Kimberly coordinated a multi-department effort to repair streets in a low-income neighborhood, researched best practices of drug court evaluation and co-managed the city’s summer youth employment program.
- City of Aurora, IL African-American Heritage Advisory Board
- Illinois District 83 Social Justice Advisory Committee
- Perkins Coie LLP, Chicago, IL, Summer Associate, 2017; 2018
- City of Wichita, City Manager’s Office, Wichita, KS, Management Fellow, 2014 - 2016
- City of Wheaton, Administration Department, Wheaton, IL, Management Assistant, 2013 - 2014
- Local Initiatives Support Corporation, Chicago, IL, Neighborhood Safety Initiative Consultant, 2013