Kelly Moser is a partner in the firm's Environment, Energy & Resources practice focused on regulatory compliance, project development and litigation.
She advises clients on environmental, health and safety (EHS) laws, including the Clean Water Act (CWA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Emergency Planning and Community Right-to Know Act (EPCRA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and state counterparts. Kelly also assists clients in obtaining and complying with federal, state and local permits; guides clients in evaluating and improving EHS programs and policies; and oversees compliance audits. In the event of a serious workplace accident or injury or an environmental enforcement action, Kelly helps clients navigate those circumstances toward the best possible outcome for their companies.
Kelly advises and counsels on energy project development and contaminated site cleanups. She has assisted clients in the development of energy facilities, including wind power projects and natural gas power plants. She also represents clients in environmental litigation matters, including Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), state Superfund and multiparty allocation proceedings; natural resource damage claims; lawsuits related to permits and regulatory developments; and government enforcement actions. Additionally, she assists clients with corporate and real estate transactions, and due diligence investigations.
Her leadership within Perkins Coie includes formerly serving on the firm’s Hiring and Strategic Diversity Committees and her current membership on the Associate and Counsel Compensation and Evaluation Committee.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018: Environmental Law
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Stars of Washington Law,” 2010 - 2012, 2014 - 2015
- Recipient of Perkins Coie's Pro Bono Award, 2010
Recommended by The Legal 500: Industry Focus: Environmental - transactional and regulatory, 2015
- Treehouse (nonprofit resource for children in foster care), Board Member, 2016 - present
- Lambda Legal, National Leadership Council, Member , 2011 - 2014
- Perkins Coie Associate and Counsel Evaluation and Compensation Committee, Member, 2016 - present
- Perkins Coie Hiring Committee, Member, 2010 - 2012
- Perkins Coie Strategic Diversity Committee, Member, 2009 - 2010
- Perkins Coie Seattle Diversity Committee, Member, 2009 - 2010
- Southern Environmental Law Center, Staff Attorney, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2012 - 2013
- U. S. Department of Justice, Washington D.C., Trial Attorney, Attorney General's Honors Program, Environment and Natural Resources Division, 2005 - 2006
- Institute for Public Representation, Environmental Law Clinic, Georgetown University Law Center, 2004
- Research Assistant, Professors Hope Babcock and Richard Lazarus, Georgetown University Law Center, 2002 - 2004
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2003
- U. S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division, Appellate Section, Washington, D.C., Law Clerk, 2002
- The Nature Conservancy, Sun Valley, ID; Atlanta, GA, 1997 - 2001
Hon. William Bryant, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2004 - 2005