Morel v. Pacira Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Defending manufacturer of non opiod analgesic Exparel, pharmaceutical distributor, and sales representative in California state court case involving product liability and fraud claims.
Bioriginal Food & Science Corp. v. Biotab Nutraceuticals, Inc.
Assisted non-party manufacturer of capsules respond to a sweeping subpoena for documents and prepare for depositions.
Confidential Pet Food Manufacturer
Successfully negotiated pre litigation resolution from CLRA claim and consumer class action litigation regarding the claims made regarding the effectiveness of the products.
Blue Moon / MillerCoors
Motions to Dismiss granted in a consumer class action regarding the advertising and packaging of Blue Moon beer, alleging that MillerCoors falsely market Blue Moon as an independently brewed, craft beer and charges a premium price. Plaintiff alleged that MillerCoors engaged in a number of practices to produce the “wholesale fiction” that Blue Moon is a craft beer produced by a small, independent brewery. Plaintiff alleged that the use of the term “craft” indicates Blue Moon is microbrewed and that use of the Blue Moon Brewing Company trade name, when the beer is brewed by MillerCoors, is false and misleading. MillerCoors’ motions to dismiss were granted on all claims.
Campbell’s Soup Company
Motion to Dismiss granted in putative consumer class action alleging violations of California’s CLRA, UCL and FAL in connection with representations regarding the Prego line of spaghetti and pizza sauces labeled as “100% Natural.”
In re Dr. Brandt Skincare
Represent Cosmetic Dermatology Inc. in cases pending in California and Oregon involving California’s CLRA, UCL and FAL, Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Law and Oregon’s Unfair Trade Practices Act.
Bayer’s One‐A‐Day Men’s Health and One‐A‐Day Men’s 50+ Advantage*
National counsel for Bayer’s One-A-Day Men’s Health and One-A-Day Men’s 50+ Advantage in nationwide consumer fraud, unfair competition and false and misleading advertisement/labelling class actions resulting in one Summary Judgment dismissal, one dismissal after denial of class certification and one nuisance value settlement on the eve of trial.
In Re Hydroxycut Litigation
Defending Capsugel in the defense of litigation relating to false and misleading advertising and marketing.
Bayer’s One‐A‐Day WeightSmart*
Defended Bayer’s One-A-Day WeightSmart in multiple jurisdictions resulting in dismissals at Motion to Dismiss or Class Certification.
- Defended international supplier of Stevia in “All Natural” consumer fraud labelling class action litigation.
- Defended manufacturers of glucosamine products in consumer fraud, unfair competition and false and misleading advertising/labelling class actions.
- Defended major cable communications company in class action litigation alleging consumer fraud and unfair practices regarding bundling overcharge.
- Represented Alumnae Association in litigation against Mississippi Board of Trustees of Institution of Higher Learning and University President after unlawful disaffiliation of Alumnae Association. Obtained permanent injunction after bench trial.
- Defended major tire manufacturer in wrongful death product liability litigation.
- Defended major tire manufacturer in mass tort litigation arising from tread-belt detachments in venue with high volume of high risk claims.
- Defended major tire manufacturer in first joint trial of automotive manufacturer and tire manufacturer in multi claim litigation.
- Defended major pharmaceutical manufacturer in personal injury litigation following the withdrawal of a cholesterol-lowering medication from the market.
- Defended medical device manufacturer of dental drill in personal injury action.
- Complete review and legal analysis of all product liability claims and potential claims for acquisition of major aviation manufacturer.
- Defended major pharmaceutical company in false advertising and fraud litigation involving Genuine Bayer Aspirin resulting in defense verdict.
- Defended major paint manufacturer in mass tort personal injury litigation arising from exposure to lead paint.
- Defended major pharmaceutical company in mass tort litigation arising from COX-2 inhibitor medications; focus on expert retention and development.
- Defended major telecommunications company in overcharge class action resulting in Summary Judgment.
- Defended plastic surgeon in medical malpractice wrongful death case resulting in defense verdict after jury trial.
- Defended obstetrician in litigation arising from privacy rights violation resulting in defense verdict after jury trial.
- Defended major pharmaceutical manufacturer in mass tort personal injury actions arising from use of weight loss medications.
- Defended major electronic equipment manufacturer in international transactional dispute resulting in voluntary dismissal.
- Defended private prison management company in numerous civil rights lawsuits and trials resulting in many defense verdicts after bench trials