Jordan McCarthy, an associate with the firm's Real Estate & Land Use group, has experience advising clients in the context of complex acquisition and development transactions, as well as commercial real estate foreclosures and workouts. She frequently works on various aspects of CMBS specially-serviced commercial real estate loans, prosecutes foreclosure actions for a wide variety of commercial properties, including hotels, office buildings and shopping centers, and successfully petitions for appointment of receivers. Jordan has experience prosecuting claims for breach of guarantees and negotiating non-judicial workouts and resolutions, including deeds in lieu of foreclosure, discounted payoffs and loan modifications. Additionally, Jordan is experienced in title and survey review and similar diligence matters.
Jordan maintains an active pro bono practice regularly representing individuals seeking orders of protection in connection with the Domestic Violence Legal Clinic and preparing U-Visa and Violence Against Women (VAWA) petitions for legal status on behalf of survivors of violent crimes and domestic abuse.
- Domestic Violence Legal Clinic (DVLC), Champion of Justice Award, 2016
*The Supreme Court of Illinois does not recognize certifications of specialties in the practice of law and no certificate, award or recognition is a requirement to practice law in Illinois.
- Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP, Chicago, IL, Paralegal, 2009 - 2010
- Clifford Law Offices, Chicago, IL, Law Clerk, 2009
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Richard J. Elrod, Circuit Court of Cook County, Chicago, IL, 2008
- DLA Piper U.S. LLP, Chicago, IL, Paralegal, 2004 - 2006
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago, IL, Project Assistant, 2003 - 2004