Jiebin (Jennifer) Zhao is a patent consultant in Perkins Coie's Shanghai office focusing on intellectual property law. Her experience covers wired/wireless telecommunication, computer software, integrated circuit (IC), automation and electrical home appliances. Jiebin has been drafting and prosecuting patents for over 10 years.
Jiebin is proficient in patent drafting, patent prosecution, patent searching and freedom to operate analysis, patent invalidation, administrative litigation, intellectual property due diligence, patent translation, patentability analysis and intellectual property law training.
- Provided patent non-infringement opinions for multinational companies
- Drafted patent applications in Chinese/English for multinational companies
- Provided patent prosecution services for multinational companies
- Analyzed client patent portfolios in various industries
- Provided legal opinion on the patentability of invention disclosures
- Represented a leading domestic company in the administrative litigation following an invalidation decision
- Provided IP due diligence services for multinational companies
- Provided patent translation services for multinational companies
- Translated the licensing agreements and research agreements
- Provided PPH services for multinational companies
- Provided patent licensing recording services for multinational companies
- King & Wood Mallesons (formerly King & Wood PRC Lawyers), Shanghai, China, Patent Attorney; Intern, 2007 - 2012
- Alcatel Lucent Shanghai Bell, Shanghai, China, On-Site In-House IP Counsel, 2011