Jeff Tachiki guides clients through the complex issues that arise in estate planning, and during trust administration and probate, including disputed matters. Jeff has particular knowledge of California’s nonconforming trust and estate law, specifically the elements relevant to trust and estate administration, and is a certified specialist with the State Bar of California in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
Counseling estate planning clients of all wealth levels across the country, Jeff utilizes various wealth preservation and advanced tax planning techniques to create plans that meet their objectives in the most favorable way. His experience includes preparing comprehensive estate plans for nontaxable estates and implementing complex transfer tax planning and wealth preservation methods.
Jeff is highly skilled at resolving disputes between trustees and beneficiaries. His trust administration work includes experience addressing cross-border issues, and he has dealt with multiple jurisdictions when working through the estate tax issues related to probate administrations.
A frequent speaker on a variety of trust and estate planning topics, Jeff is also very active in the Bay Area legal community. He serves as chair of the Estate Planning and Administration Committee for the East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (EBTEL) and is a member of the Judicial Appointment Evaluation Committee for the Alameda County Bar Association.
- Alameda County Bar Association Barristers’ Distinguished Service Award, Young Lawyer, 2012
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Northern California Rising Star, 2009, 2010
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Judicial Appointment Evaluation Committee (JAEC), Committee Member, 2016 - 2019
- Trusts and Estates Section, Vice-Chair, 2011 - 2014
- Barristers’ Mentorship Program, Mentor, 2011 - 2013
- Volunteer Legal Services
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (EBTEL)
- Estate Planning and Administration Committee, Chair, 2018
- Asian American Bar Association, Bay Area Chapter
- Young Lawyer Mentorship Program, Mentor, 2011 - 2013
- Council of Business Advisors, Programs Chair
- The Tachiki Law Group, P.C., Principal, 2012 - 2018
- Tachiki | Arnold LLP, Managing Partner, 2009 - 2012
- The Myers Law Firm, P.C., Senior Associate, 2007 - 2009
- Peterson & Blum, P.C. Associate, 2006 - 2007
- Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman, and Dicker, LLP, Associate, 2004 - 2006
- Honorable John S.W. Lim, Hawaii State Intermediate Court of Appeals , 2002 - 2003