Jeff Tachiki guides clients through trust administration, estate planning and probate disputed matters. Jeff advises estate planning clients of all wealth levels, utilizing various wealth preservation and advanced tax planning techniques. His experience includes preparing comprehensive estate plans for nontaxable estates and implementing complex transfer tax planning and wealth preservation methods.
A certified specialist with the State Bar of California in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, Jeff has particular knowledge of California’s nonconforming trust and estate law, specifically the elements relevant to trust and estate administration.
Jeff is a frequent speaker for the National Business Institute and the University of California’s Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), among other organizations, on a variety of trust and estate planning topics. He is active in the Bay Area legal community, including serving as the Estate Planning and Administration Committee Chair for the East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (EBTEL) and as a member of the Judicial Appointment Evaluation Committee for the Alameda County Bar Association.
- Alameda County Bar Association Barristers’ Distinguished Service Award, Young Lawyer, 2012
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Northern California Rising Star, 2009, 2010
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Judicial Appointment Evaluation Committee (JAEC), Committee Member, 2016 - 2019
- Trusts and Estates Section, Vice-Chair, 2011 - 2014
- Barristers’ Mentorship Program, Mentor, 2011 - 2013
- Volunteer Legal Services
- East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (EBTEL)
- Estate Planning and Administration Committee, Chair, 2018
- Asian American Bar Association, Bay Area Chapter
- Young Lawyer Mentorship Program, Mentor, 2011 - 2013
- Council of Business Advisors, Programs Chair
- The Tachiki Law Group, P.C., Principal, 2012 - 2018
- Tachiki | Arnold LLP, Managing Partner, 2009 - 2012
- The Myers Law Firm, P.C., Senior Associate, 2007 - 2009
- Peterson & Blum, P.C. Associate, 2006 - 2007
- Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman, and Dicker, LLP, Associate, 2004 - 2006
- Honorable John S.W. Lim, Hawaii State Intermediate Court of Appeals , 2002 - 2003