Jeff Bowen is a partner primarily practicing in the firm's Insurance Recovery Litigation practice. He has represented a wide range of clients in commercial litigation and insurance matters, and his practice focuses on representing large public and private companies and other organizations, as well as their directors and officers, in disputes with their insurance carriers, whether through negotiations, mediation, arbitration or litigation. He has also represented nonprofit institutions, religious organizations and others regarding issues of lost policies and coverage for events occurring long ago, including environmental damage and negligent supervision of former employees.
Additionally, Jeff advises policyholders on a wide range of insurance coverage issues, particularly in connection with directors’ and officers’ (D&O), errors & omissions, general liability and cyber insurance policies, as well as contracting and indemnification issues in complex commercial transactions.
Jeff also represents clients in other commercial disputes, including breach of contract actions and regulatory matters. His clients have included healthcare, entertainment and energy companies, as well as nonprofit organizations.
In his pro bono practice, Jeff has represented clients in immigration, voting rights and civil rights matters. He is an adjunct professor at the University of Wisconsin, Madison Law School.
- Western District of Wisconsin Bar Association's Pro Bono Award
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Southern California Pro Bono Award
- Munger Tolles & Olson LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Associate
- U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office of Immigration Review, Washington, D.C., Intern
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Washington, D.C., Legal Intern
- American Civil Liberties Union, New York, NY, Immigrant Rights Project, Special Legal Intern
Hon. Rosemary Barkett, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Hon. Sidney R. Thomas, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit