I. Bobby Majumder is a partner in the firm's Corporate practice and Firmwide Co-Chair of the firm's India Practice who focuses on corporate and securities transactions primarily in the following industry verticals: energy (oil & gas and coal), mining, healthcare and information technology. He represents underwriters, placement agents and issuers in both public and private offerings of securities; public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions (both cross-border and domestic); private equity funds, hedge funds and venture capital funds in connection with both their formation and their investments; and companies receiving venture capital and private equity funding.
Bobby advises established companies as well as new and emerging issuers on raising capital from both the public and private markets in the United States and Europe (including Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings). He also advises U.S. and foreign companies in connection with their SEC reporting and compliance requirements.
Bobby has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions involving companies in the information technology, telecommunications, mining, coal, oil and gas, and health care industries. He also has extensive experience in representing private equity, hedge funds and venture capital funds in their investments in both public companies and closely held entities.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018: Corporate Law
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in Dallas" by D Magazine, 2011, 2014 - 2017
- Listed as "Who's Who in Energy" by Dallas Business Journal, Houston Business Journal and Pittsburgh Business Journal, 2011 - 2012
- Listed in Law & Politics Magazine and Texas Monthly as a "Texas Super Lawyer," 2014 - 2017
- Listed in Law & Politics Magazine and Texas Monthly as a "Texas Rising Star," 2005 - 2006
- Dallas Bar Association
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE), Dallas Chapter, Charter Member
- Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, Associates Board, Member
- State Bar of Texas Essentials of Business Law Conference, Planning Committee, Member, 2011
- University of Texas Securities Regulation and Business Law Conference, Planning Committee, Member, 2010 - 2013
- The Atlantic Council, South Asia Center, Advisory Board Member
- Cattle Baron’s Ball, Advisory Board
- Trinity University Greek Alumni Advisory Council
- Park Cities Rotary Club, Active Member
- Washington & Lee University Alumni Association, Dallas Chapter, Former Board Member
- Dallas Heart Ball, Former Board Member