George Fogg counsels business and private equity clients as well as banks and other institutional lenders in commercial transactions and all aspects of complex secured and unsecured debt financings. George formerly served for five years as the Firmwide Co-Chair of the Financial Transactions & Restructuring practice.
His vast transaction experience includes such financings as acquisition, asset-based, senior syndicated, leveraged, mezzanine, second lien, bridge, credit enhancement, equipment, project, private placement, asset securitization, debtor-in-possession and other financings. In addition, George advises on entity structuring, intercreditor, restructuring, workout and bankruptcy matters relating to these financings.
George is a member of the Decentralized Virtual Currencies industry group and assists clients with issues presented by this evolving payments system. His electronic financial services practice focuses on gift cards and related unclaimed property issues.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Oregon State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law
- Working Group on Legal Opinions
- Commercial Financial Services Committee
- Past Chair, Surveys Subcommittee
- Subcommittee on Acquisition Financing
- Subcommittee on Documentation
- Subcommittee on Inventory and Receivable Financing and Factoring
- Uniform Commercial Code Committee; Subcommittee on Secured Transactions
- Business Bankruptcy Committee; Subcommittee on Secured Creditors
- Stoel Rives Boley Jones & Grey, Portland, OR, Partner, 1991 - 1995
- Hughes & Luce, Dallas, Partner, 1988 - 1991
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Cincinnati, Of Counsel, 1984 - 1985; Partner, 1986 - 1988
- Paxton & Seasongood, Cincinnati, Associate, 1973 - 1979; Partner, 1980 - 1984