Darvin Davitian is a business attorney with experience in a broad range of business, technology, and fintech transactions. Darvin has over 10 years of experience advising clients in transactions, with the total value of transactions exceeding $2.5 billion. He also has experience advising clients launching technology-based businesses, particularly those in the blockchain space. Prior to transitioning the focus of his practice to technology and fintech, Darvin also advised clients on a substantial volume of real estate transactions. His clients include large, publicly-held companies, privately-held companies, startups, and nonprofit organizations.
In his transactional practice, Darvin assists clients in a variety of commercial transactions, including transactions for the licensing and commercial use of technology, transactions for the procurement or provision of services (with an emphasis on services in the technology sector), and transactions in the payments and electronic financial services space. In his payments and electronic financial services practice, Darvin has advised merchants, banks, and financial institutions in a broad range of transactions, including payment processing agreements, agreements in the co-branded financial services space, and agreements governing emerging financial services, such as digital banks.
In his technology and blockchain practice, Darvin advises clients launching blockchain-based platforms, including platforms in the payments space and real estate sector. He has intimate familiarity with blockchain technology, and his work in this space includes advising clients on legal issues as blockchain platforms are being designed and developed, including regulatory issues.
In addition to his legal practice, Darvin is an adjunct professor, having taught graduate level courses at Georgetown University and George Mason University. Topics covered have included business ethics, blockchain technology, and technology in real estate.
- Listed in Washington D.C. Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star," 2014 - 2015
- Named a "Rising Star" by Georgetown University Law Center
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- East King County Bar Association, Trustee, 2006 - 2009
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Consumer Law Resource Center, Volunteer Attorney, 2012 - 2015
- Eastside Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Volunteer Attorney, 2006 - 2010
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Marsha J. Pechman, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2004
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, Summer Associate, 2004
- Seattle University School of Law, Teaching Assistant (Contracts), 2003 - 2004
- U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys, Washington D.C., Legal Intern (Equal Employment Opportunity Staff), Summer 2003