Brian Coleman is an integral part of Perkins Coie's Patent practice. His law practice emphasizes domestic and international patent and trademark prosecution, intellectual property counseling, and start-up counseling. His areas of technical focus include social media, cloud computing and storage, clean technology, LED lighting and systems, financial services, computer animation, video conversion and special effects. Brian is an entrepreneur at heart, having started his own law firm immediately after law school.
His clients include companies such as Airpush; Airtime; Art.com; Bottlenose; Box; Clean Power Finance; ClearSlide; CloudERA; CrowdFlower; Dennoo; Digital Domain; Dynamite Data; Evri; Facebook; Fonality; Lumenetix; Net Power & Light; nivio; Omek Interactive; Sociogramics; Tagged; and Tandent Vision Science.
- Awarded the "Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal Services" in recognition of his pro bono work with NextArts and the Community Organization Representation Project (CORP) Project
- Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Association (SVIPLA), Past President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and Program Chair
- BAR/BRI Faculty (Patent Bar Review Course)
- St. Mary's Executive MBA and Santa Clara University, Guest Lecturer
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Member
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Wharton Alumni Club and Harvard Business School Alumni Association, Lecturer
- Oppenheimer Wolff & Donnelly LLP, Silicon Valley, CA, Partner, 2000 - 2002
- Hickman Coleman & Hughes, Silicon Valley, CA, Co-Founder, 1998 - 2000
- Hickman & Beyer LLP, Patent Agent, 1994 - 1998