A cum laude graduate of Georgetown University Law Center, Associate Anna Joy served as online development editor of the American Criminal Law Review and as an L.L.M Teaching Fellow. Anna was a member of the alternative dispute resolution team at Georgetown and participated in an international mediation competition in Paris.
While a summer associate at Perkins Coie, Anna assisted on securities and transactional matters. Her professional experience also includes an externship at the King County Prosecutor’s Office in the Special Assault Unit. During her final year in law school she held a position as a policy extern for the National Governor’s Alliance.
Anna maintains a strong commitment to pro bono work. While a law student she was a participant in the Health Justice Alliance at Georgetown Law, where she worked with clients in underserved communities in Washington, D.C., assisting with housing condition cases as well as helping children with disabilities gain access to educational resources.
- American Review of Criminal Procedure, Research Assistant, 2017
- The Mockingbird Society, Policy Intern, 2014
- East African Community Center, Citizenship/After-School Tutor, 2013 - 2014
- National Governor’s Alliance, Washington, D.C., Policy Extern, 2018
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2018
- King County Prosecutor’s Office, Seattle, WA, Special Assault Unit Extern, 2017