Andrew Bor, a partner in the firm’s Corporate practice, has over 35 years of experience providing counsel in the areas of corporate governance, securities regulation, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and spin-offs. He also handles significant strategic assignments for a number of public companies, boards of directors and special committees, including advising on governance and oversight, relationships with activist shareholders, proxy contests, evaluating strategic alternatives and responding to acquisition proposals.
Andrew works with leading public companies such as Blucora, Esterline Technologies, IDACORP, Itron, Outerwall, PACCAR, Puget Sound Energy and Weyerhaeuser, among others. Representing both issuers and underwriters, he has served as the lead attorney on over one hundred fifty public debt and equity offerings.
Andrew has been recognized as one of Washington’s top Corporate/Commercial lawyers every year since 2004 by Chambers USA, which has described him as “highly regarded as an eminent corporate securities lawyer" and "admired by market sources for his perceptive, meticulous and hard-working nature."
- Named the Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" for Securities / Capital Markets Law, 2016, 2019; Corporate Governance Law, 2017
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal USA – Corporate Governance
- Listed in Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers”
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2003 - 2020: Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Securities / Capital Markets Law; Securities Regulation
- Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine, “Washington’s Super Lawyers", 2003 - 2019
- Listed in Lawdragon 500: Leading Lawyers in America
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- The Ministry of Privatization of the Czech Republic, Legal Advisor, 1993
- American Bar Association, Ad Hoc Committee on Central and Eastern Europe and Russia
- Winthrop Stimson Putnam & Roberts LLP (now Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLC), New York, NY, 1980 - 1982