Aaron Welling is a litigator focusing on real estate, construction, product liability and land use law. Aaron frequently counsels business owners and landlords in defending accessibility suits brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act. He also regularly defends aviation manufacturers in cases involving helicopters and general aviation aircraft.
Construction-related dispute resolution and minimizing risk exposure are major areas of Aaron's practice. He represents owners, homebuilders, commercial developers, contractors, financial institutions and construction material manufacturers involved in a range of public and private construction projects throughout the United States. These projects include big-box retail sites, office buildings, hospitals, hotels and resorts, casinos, custom-built homes, planned communities, condominiums, apartment buildings and retail shopping centers.
Highlights of the litigation counsel Aaron provides to real estate, construction and design industry clients include:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act and defense of accessibility suits
- Professional negligence
- Construction payment disputes, delay claims, lien claims, bond claims, including Miller Act claims, and prompt payment claims
- Allegations of failure in building materials, including building envelope/curtain wall, roofing, decking, underground utility, ductile iron pipe (DIP), high-density polyethylene pipe (HDPE) and siding
- Construction and design defect claims and litigation
- Real estate disputes
- Arizona Registrar of Contractors' complaints defense
- State Bar of Arizona - Construction Section, Member
- Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, Member
- Florence Immigrant and Refugee Rights Project
- Judicial Extern to The Hon. Jill Parrish, Utah Supreme Court, Summer 2004
- Perkins Coie Brown & Bain PA, Phoenix, AZ, Summer Associate, 2005