In today's economy, a company is often defined in the global marketplace by its success in procuring, managing and enforcing its intellectual property. Perkins Coie's lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complicated intellectual property issues that companies face at all stages of growth.
Ranked by Law360 as one of the largest IP practices in the country, our practice includes more than 250 lawyers focused on IP litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, technology licensing, copyrights, and trade secret and unfair competition counseling. Our clients include companies in all technologies and industries around the world. The IP practice also has extensive experience litigating patent and trademark infringement actions, Internet-related disputes and gray market and anti-counterfeiting claims for companies in the software, online retail, search and electronics industries. Our clients benefit from our interdisciplinary approach to matters, which combines extensive legal and technical experience with strong corporate and litigation resources in a leading technology law firm.
- Patent Law Firm of the Year for two consecutive years and National Tier 1 in IP Litigation per U.S. News - Best Lawyers® (2013, 2014)
- Ranked #9 largest IP law firm globally by Law360 (2014)
- Ranked nationally in Intellectual Property by Chambers USA (2014)
- Ranked as one of the five most-hired law firms in the country for patent litigation per Corporate Counsel (2014)
- Listed as a top patent law firm by Intellectual Property Today (2013)
- Recognized as a “Standout” in Intellectual Property by Financial Times (2012 - 2013)
- #1 law firm for filing cases in the International Trade Commission per Corporate Counsel
- #4 on the Top Law Firms for Patent Quality in All Industries, #4 for Consumer Electronics/Discretionary, #4 for Information Technology, #5 for Industrials and #8 for Healthcare (Pharma/Bio) by Intellectual Asset Management (2015)
- Featured in World Trademark Review 1000, The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (2012 - 2013)
- Ranked as a top trademark firm by Intellectual Property Today (2009, 2010, 2012)