Hosted by Perkins Coie’s E-Discovery Services & Strategy practice
|Thursday, December 7, 2017
11:45 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
131 S Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60603
A half-day program taking a deep-dive into three important e-discovery topics:
Leveraging Technology to Implement a Successful E-Discovery Strategy
This session will highlight areas within the litigation lifecycle where use of technology can increase the quality of a law firm’s work product, such as:
- Leveraging technology to identify key issues and concerns early-on so resources can be allocated appropriately;
- Harnessing technology to define and target the most important and relevant information requiring review, therefore containing cost; and
- Relying on technology to organize and present key information in front of finders of fact.
Moderator: Bill Weissmeier, ESS Director of Technical Operations, Perkins Coie
- Debra Bernard, Partner, Perkins Coie
- Danny Frank, Solutions Team Lead, Relativity
- Jay Leib, Founder & CEO, NexLP
- Jamie Viviano, ESS Consulting Manager, Perkins Coie
Mapping Out an Efficient Review Plan
This session will discuss how to define “efficiency” in review and how to achieve desired results, including cost conservation and effective review outcomes. Panelists will detail how to prepare for and execute document reviews with a variety of data volumes, review team sizes, and other considerations.
Moderator: Geof Vance, Chair ESS Practice, Perkins Coie
- Tony Baskin, Project Manager, CS Disco, Inc.
- Melissa Saniter, Solutions Specialist, Relativity
- Rachael Philbin, ESS Counsel, Perkins Coie
Open Sesame: How IT & Legal Can Overcome Common Obstacles in E-Discovery
Legal obligations often arise that require IT and legal counsel to work together to identify, preserve and collect electronically stored information (ESI). This discussion will focus on the overlapping roles of IT and legal counsel regarding data management, retention and back-up policies and discuss strategies for how IT and legal counsel can work seamlessly to approach evidence-handling to minimize the probability of an adverse impact downstream.
Moderator: Ian Balom, Senior Discovery Consultant, Perkins Coie
- Stan Pierson, Senior Solutions Specialist, Relativity
- John Rubens, Chief Operating Officer, D4 Discovery
Lunch & Registration: 11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Program: 12:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Networking & Happy Hour: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
CLE credit pending.