As of May 29, 2020
Please review the following five notes in connection with the information provided in this 50-state tracker:
- The orders highlighted here do not all apply to both residential and commercial evictions and foreclosures. Please review the actual order (or guidance or decree) to determine how they specifically apply.
- The orders highlighted here have been issued by state governments. Some counties and municipalities have issued additional restrictions; please check with the specific county or municipality for additional regulations that may apply to your property.
- General court closures or other limits on civil proceedings are not always eviction- or foreclosure-specific. Please be aware that when a government reopens its civil courts it also may issue a new order specifically limiting evictions or foreclosures.
- This tracker is updated on a regular (usually daily) basis. Many applicable regulations change frequently and a regular review of the updated information is recommended.
- Please consult a lawyer for specific applicability of these and other county or municipal regulations concerning evictions and foreclosures that may apply to your property.