The team concentrates on project planning and structuring, negotiating and documenting a wide variety of arrangements to acquire, develop, protect and distribute technologies, both domestically and internationally.
With more than 10 experienced attorneys dedicated to blockchain operations, our team operates within our larger full-service firm. Perkins Coie is experienced across a full range of legal areas, including tax, securities, antitrust, real estate, corporate finance, franchising, patent procurement and litigation, copyright registration and litigation, and trademark registration and litigation, to name a few.
Some of the comprehensive legal services that we provide include:
We help the most exciting blockchain companies in the world launch and expand their cutting-edge products and services in an increasingly complex and demanding legal and regulatory environment.
Additionally, we have a deep understanding of business operations. Many of our clients rely on us to work directly with their internal business units─from engineering, product management and client services to advertising, marketing and communications.
Commercial and Intellectual Property Matters
The Blockchain Operations Team combines deep knowledge of blockchain technology with years of experience representing some of the most exciting startup and public companies. The team can:
- Guide blockchain clients through the basics of business formation, financing, content regulation and website management;
- Help clients procure, protect and deploy their intellectual property; and
- Provide legal solutions involving encryption, multijurisdictional product offerings and domain name registration.
Some projects we have assisted our blockchain clients with include:
- Inter-company agreements
- Development services agreements
- Customer agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Strategic partnership agreements
- Nondisclosure agreements
- Website terms of service and privacy policies
- IP auditing and counseling, copyright, trademark, trade secrets, patent filing and licenses
Advertising, Marketing & Promotions
We provide counseling services related to all aspects of advertising, marketing and promotions. Some of the projects we have counseled our blockchain clients on include:
- Advertising content review
- Sweepstakes and promotions
- E-mail and online marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Social media marketing
- Consumer protection
- Marketing and promotions agreements
Employment and Consulting Matters
Our range of experience in a variety of industries allows us to provide relevant, efficient and practical advice to accomplish business objectives expeditiously. Our lawyers routinely work with our clients─either through their in-house lawyers or directly with human resource professionals or other managers─to help navigate regulatory and legal restrictions. Services that we regularly perform for blockchain clients include the following:
- Provide counsel on the establishment, maintenance, administration and termination of employee benefit plans and compensation arrangements (Token and Fiat)
- Draft and review plan documents and employee, consulting and advisor agreements (Token and Fiat)
- Provide guidance on stock option and other equity granting practices
- Provide guidance on the impact of accounting issues on employee benefits and compensation arrangements