Perkins Coie’s vision is that we will be second to none in creating and fostering a diverse workforce that reflects our broader society. Diversity and inclusion are core values and strategic priorities at Perkins Coie. Increasing diversity and fostering inclusion allows us to draw from varied perspectives and communities, enabling us to attract the very best talent and serve as trusted advisors to our clients.
As part of the firm’s 2022 summer program and in support of our recruitment goals, Perkins Coie is pleased to offer a $25,000 fellowship to historically underrepresented 2L students. This program is an extension of our long-standing 1L Diversity Fellows program. The $25,000 fellowship will be paid to 2L recipients in two parts: the first following successful completion of the summer program and the second upon accepting an offer to join the firm following graduation. Students of color, students who identify as LGBTQ+ and students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The 2022 Perkins Coie 2L Diversity Fellows will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Candidates must be a second-year law student in good standing pursuing the degree of Juris Doctor at an ABA accredited law.
- Candidates must have a strong academic record as well as experience that demonstrates great promise for a successful career in the legal field.
- Candidates must meaningfully contribute to the diversity efforts of their law school student body and continue their support upon entering the legal profession.
- Students eligible for the 2L Diversity Fellowships include students of color, students who identify as LGBTQ+, and students with disabilities.
Students applying directly to the firm (not through an on-campus interview program) should apply through our website and include a personal statement with their application. Students who interview with the firm through an on-campus interview program will be asked to submit a personal statement during the callback interview process. Personal statements should be a one-page, single-spaced narrative about your unique personal history and your commitment to advancing diversity, inclusion and equality within your community and the legal profession.
Students applying directly are encouraged to apply by Saturday, July 24th. Direct applications can be submitted here: https://perkinscoie.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/perkinscoieexternal.
To submit your application access the Perkins Coie site through the link, click on the words “Summer Assoc/Law Clerks” on the left side of the page and submit your application to the office in which you are interested.
- Summer Program Overview
- Job Listings
- B4 OCI: Get the Real Story
- Offices Hiring Summer Associates
- Practice Groups Hiring Summer Associates
- 1L Opportunities
- 2L Diversity Fellowship
- Recruiting Contacts
- Rights Under FMLA
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Our Commitment to Racial Equality
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Women In Leadership