Trademark Docketing Specialist
Job #S20191113H – Chicago, Illinois
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Trademark Docketing Specialist. In this role, you will process incoming mail for the Trademark/Copyright practice and enter necessary dates/deadlines into the docketing system ensuring accurate and timely entry of relevant information.
- Monitor Trademark/Copyright Group’s centralized Docket email folder for receipt of docketing requests and United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) correspondence. Coordinate with those who send entries as needed.
- Review weekly Docket Reports to ensure accuracy. Troubleshoot and resolve docket concerns and issues.
- Generate weekly reports including final due date reports from Pattsy Wave. Email reports to attorneys and paralegals, as appropriate. Run status check query report and update records.
- Update docket entries in the event of attorney or staff departures.
- Removal of completed items verified through Trademark Status & Document Retrieval (TSDR) and enter missing or updated information through PAIR and TSDR.
- Monitor client closures and perform docket system clean-up of related entries as appropriate.
- Process incoming lateral attorney client files including putting file into standard trademark format and uploading/entering dates into our system.
At least 3 years’ experience with one or more computerized docket systems. Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment, with superb attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with all levels of firm personnel. Familiarity with USPTO rules and the trademark lifecycle. Familiarity with Word, Excel and Access a plus. Excellent time management and prioritization skills needed for this position.
Education & Experience:
Requires an AA degree and 4 years of related database experience or equivalent. Demonstrated experience in applying rules and regulations in a detail-oriented position. Experience in a law firm preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.