Job #S20191036 – Seattle, Washington
Perkins Coie LLP's nationally-recognized Commercial Litigation group is seeking a highly-motivated Paralegal to join the Seattle office. This position will assist throughout the firm with coordinating and supporting all phases of commercial litigation matters. The individual in this role must possess extensive experience in, and a thorough understanding of all aspects of litigation case support including, but not limited to, document and data preservation, collection, processing, review, production, and document/information management systems and databases. Must demonstrate the ability to conduct legal research and complex factual investigations. This role manages discovery, prepares and schedules depositions, as well as the coordination of pretrial preparation and trial support, and all other case management duties assigned by attorneys.
- Understand the substantive, technical and legal issues of case and contribute meaningfully to the overall case strategy. Make relevancy calls and decisions about what information/documents are needed for your case. Contribute to accurate reporting to your case team regarding the status of your discovery efforts and provide meaningful suggestions/solutions to the team.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with team members, staff, and employees at all management levels within the firm and within our clients’ organizations.
- Will possess a solid understanding of litigation and the rules of civil procedure, including a solid understanding of the Court’s and Judges rules and standing orders. Will provide formal and informal training, coaching, and mentorship to team members, new or less-tenured paralegals and paralegal assistants.
- Exercise good judgment in preparing timely and accurate case budgets, including budget forecasting. Exercise excellent judgment and initiative, and possess strong leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills to successfully drive projects to completion.
- Keep accurate time records and comply with clients’ billing requirements. Coordinate and attend client conferences, court hearings, and trials as requested by the attorneys.
Education & Experience:
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of ten years of paralegal experience is required. Litigation experience working with all levels of management and staff of Fortune 100 companies is preferred. Paralegal certificate is preferred. Experience with automated litigation support software is required.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.