Job #S20190613 – Seattle, Washington
The Seattle office of Perkins Coie is seeking a Paralegal to join our Product Liability practice group. This position will assist lawyers with document and information management, research, factual analysis, discovery and trial support in our Aviation Liability division.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Assist lawyers and more senior paralegals with all phases of case support including document/information management, factual analysis, discovery, and trial support.
- Maintain positive contact with clients and observe confidentiality of client matters.
- Organize and maintain case files, pleadings, and documents.
- Prepare case/matter and attorney notebooks.
- Summarize articles, reports, witness statements, and depositions.
- Conduct factual and legal research and analysis.
- Perform computer database input and retrieval.
- Draft and revise legal documents and correspondence.
- Coordinate service of process and/or filings with public entities.
- Prepare material for in-house and outside distribution.
- Manage the distribution of data and materials.
- Coordinate and attend client conferences, document productions, depositions, closings, and other transactions.
- Keep track of case/matter deadlines.
- Review, organize and coordinate agreements and remittances.
- Create and maintain case spreadsheets and charts.
Specific Skills Required:
Thorough knowledge of all phases of litigation, discovery, and trial procedures. Knowledge of complex litigation practice such as removals from state to federal court, consolidation of proceedings, and the MDL process. Demonstrated skills in document /information management. Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to establish effective working relationships with Firm lawyers and staff, client personnel, and other professionals. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Familiarity with billing procedures and financial accounting. Sound knowledge of library operations and records storage procedures. Ability to handle multiple tasks and concurrent deadlines. Work well under pressure and independently. Experience with aviation liability a plus.
Education & Experience:
Requires a bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of paralegal experience. Paralegal certificate preferred. Experience with automated litigation support software required
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.