Mobile Device Engineer
Job #S20191001 – Seattle, Washington
You will be responsible for operational support of and project initiatives involving the mobile device environment of Perkins Coie. You are a subject matter expert on all mobile device platforms supported by the firm including iOS and Android devices. In that role, the ideal candidate shall provide reliable, accurate, well-researched and defensible expert technical knowledge and positions to deploy newly approved devices and resolve issues. You will also have a strong understanding of mobile device security and procedures to advise and assist in the deployment process.
- Analyze, plan, test, and implement software on mobile devices
- Actively pursue new technologies to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the mobile device management environment
- Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve escalated incidents/service requests from Tier 2 and/or planned/unplanned outages
- Provide troubleshooting training to the Support Analyst team
- Interface with vendors to resolve hardware/software issue, garner information on future capabilities, and solicit recommendations on product enhancements and/or configurations
- Monitor and analyze the mobile systems to ensure 100% uptime operational availability
- Develop, maintain, and support operational documentation to include, but not limited to Standard Operations Procedures, requirements documents, back-up/contingency plans, architectural design documents and diagrams
- Responsible for improving processes to ensure alignment between the business strategies and application technology roadmap
- Work with Practice Groups to review business drivers, needs, and strategies to anticipate future business / technology needs.
- Develop process and procedure to improve rollouts and adoption initiatives that pertain to mobile
Excellent technical writing ability. Excellent communication skills. Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to focus on delivery of products and services on time. Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. Able to receive and manipulate user requirements from all levels of the organization into complex technical architecture. Attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree Computer Science (or related). MobileIron, MobileIron Access, Strong expertise (3+ years) with mobile devices. Proven troubleshooting abilities. Expert working knowledge of firm supported devices i.e. Android, iOS. Experience/working knowledge of VLANS, DNS, Active Directory, GPO’s, DHCP, TFTP, and PKI Certificates. Relevant IT certifications.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.