Legal Practice Assistant
Job #S20180515 – Washington, D.C.
Perkins Coie LLP’s Political Law Group in Washington D.C. is seeking a motivated, task-oriented individual to provide high level administrative support to designated partners and associates. This individual will be asked to support designated attorneys in areas involving scheduling, task management, travel, research, reimbursements, time entry, billing, handling incoming calls/emails, docketing, filing, and related areas. The Perkins Coie Political Law Group is a nationally prominent group representing leading Democratic elected officials and political committees on a range of political law matters. This is a great opportunity to learn from and support the most experienced political lawyers in the country.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to establish effective working relationships across all levels of an organization.
- The successful candidate will exhibit a high degree of professionalism, including the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast paced, detail orientated work environment, handling multiple requests that require follow through and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills are required.
- Must have the ability to analyze/resolve problems, adapt to change and provide consistent support.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in politics and/or relevant policy areas is strongly preferred but not required.
- Previous law firm experience of 3 or more years is preferred but not required.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.