Legal Practice Assistant
Business / M&A Group
Job #S20180410 – Denver, Colorado
The Denver office of Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for an experienced Business Legal Practice Assistant. This position will provide highly varied and complex legal and administrative support, with minimal supervision, to designated attorneys and to the firm. in the Business/M&A Group of our Denver office.
Primary duties include:
- Proactively maintain overview of timekeepers' workload and caseload; anticipate next steps and implement follow-up procedures
- Create, edit, revise, redline, track change and/or proofread documents from dictation, handwritten, typed, and/or electronic copy.
- Receive, screen, and transmit telephone and conference calls in a professional manner and take accurate telephone messages for timekeepers, clients, and staff as required.
- Coordinate preliminary conflicts checks with Professional Standards to ensure attorney and firm ability to represent requesting party.
- Assist with billing process, including daily time entry - entering, proofreading, spellchecking, and releasing.
- Coordinate client/attorney/administrative conferences, meetings, and appointments for timekeepers and clients.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, securing air, hotel, and car plans for timekeepers.
- Prepare new client/matter intake forms and engagement letters.
Requires problem solving abilities and the following attributes: excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail, works well under pressure, ability to multi-task and prioritize, works well both independently and as a team member, and has the ability to work effectively in a fast paced and high pressured environment. Must have excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook. Excellent grammar, proofreading, and English composition skills is also essential. Requires ability to accurately type 75-wpm. Thorough understanding of legal terminology and procedures pertinent to the area of assignment. This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Previous law firm experience of 7 or more years or equivalent preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.