Lead Docketing Specialist
Job #S20180418B – Washington, D.C.
The Lead Docketing Specialist will support docketing our Patent Prosecution activities firmwide in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will also be responsible for being the point person for all patent docketing related issues.
Assist in coordinating the docketing process, which includes the following functions:
- Monitor and balance workload for the following electronic and physical mailboxes: USPTO PAIR mail, foreign associate mail, internal dedocketing mail.
- Enter and update docket entries daily according to the firm's docketing policies and standards Produce various docket reports.
- Troubleshoot docket concerns and issues.
- Monitor client closures and perform docket system clean-up of related entries as appropriate.
- Provide suggestions to revise policy and procedure where necessary. Create and provide training for new team members and coordinate training for the group where needed.
- Process mail and docket activities in accordance with firm policy and procedure.
The candidate must be able manage multiple details, prioritize and work well under pressure. They must possess the ability to function effectively as a team while maintaining accuracy of detail. They must be skilled at interacting with all levels of firm personnel with professionalism. The ideal candidate will be able to accurately type 55 wpm and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. A strong command of the English language including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and knowledge of Firm's form and style. As well as a working knowledge of all USPTO and international patent filings. Proficiencies in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and 6 years of patent docketing or relevant patent support or database experience, or equivalent. Experience in a law firm preferred. Experience with docketing software such as Foundation IP. Experience in a leadership role within a large, multi-office law firm.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.