Lateral Partner Acquisition Assistant
Job #S20191026B – Washington, D.C.
Lateral Partner Acquisition Assistant will support the legal recruitment process for lateral partners and senior counsel firm-wide. The Assistant will provide administrative and project management support to the Lateral Partner Acquisition and Integration teams, Lateral Committee, Practice group and subgroup Chairs, and Office Managing Partners related to hiring initiatives. This role will maintain all databases and tracking systems to ensure lateral acquisition and on-boarding is executed appropriately.
- Assist with administrative legal recruitment process of all lateral partners and senior counsel firm-wide.
- Maintain recruiting database (ViRecruit) including entry of resubmission, rejection letters, interview information and schedules, and reporting for all lateral partner submissions.
- Ensure accuracy of information in viRecruit, the Lateral Tracking Database, and the HR Affirmative Action log.
- Assist with compiling weekly status report for Management Committee and Practice Group Chairs.
- Manage search firm agreement tracking and updates to database regarding search firms. Assist in implementing standard processes for agreement tracking.
- Facilitate and schedule a high volume of interviews of varying levels.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to both internal and external clients, including lateral partner candidates and Perkins Coie partners and management.
- Provide solutions to complex problems, often on very tight deadlines, to keep the process moving forward and running seamlessly.
- Liaise with Professional Standards, conflicts attorneys, Benefits department, third-party background screening company, and Library Manager on critical process matters.
- Provide department project management support, including the bi-annual Lateral Partner review process, tracking regional lateral moves, creating confidential documents, and department process organization and improvement.
- Answer phones, process recruiting expenses, open and distribute mail, prepare disbursements and maintain department subscriptions spreadsheets, copying, filing, scanning and other administrative duties.
- On occasion, assist Lateral Partner Integration team with scheduling and preparing onboarding communications and materials to new lateral partners.
Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups. Proven ability to work effectively under time constraints; must be able to organize and implement detailed and complex projects; requires strong computer skills. Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education & Experience:
Requires a BA degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or related field and a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience. Law firm experience preferred. Superb organization skills; ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously; flexibility and professionalism.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.