Job #S20180604D – San Diego, California
National law firm seeks a Patent Docketing Specialist supporting patent prosecution activities in several offices. Specifically, the job entails processing incoming correspondence for the Practice Group and entering necessary deadlines into the firm’s docketing system, ensuring entries are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Monitor and process the Practice Group's PAIR email folders for receipt of docketing requests and USPTO correspondence;
- Process incoming mail (metered and electronic), faxes and hand deliveries to ensure that all relevant items are docketed;
- Enter and update docket entries daily according to the firm's docketing policies and standards;
- Review weekly docket reports to ensure accuracy and troubleshoot and resolve docket concerns and issues;
- Generate weekly reports including final due date reports from Foundation IP and email reports to attorneys and paralegals, as appropriate;
- Run status check query reports and update Foundation IP records;
- Update docket entries in the event of attorney or staff departures; and
- Monitor client closures and perform docket system clean-up of related entries as appropriate.
The ideal candidate has experience with a docketing software, preferably Foundation IP. Familiarity with USPTO and international rules and practice is a plus. We are looking for someone who is a fast learner and who works well with last minute projects and deadlines. This position requires an AA degree and 1-2 years of related database experience or equivalent. Demonstrated experience in applying rules and regulations in a detail oriented position. Experience in a law firm preferred. Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of responsibility, teamwork and dedication to accuracy and thoroughness in work product.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.