Job #S20191208 – Seattle, Washington
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Conflicts Analyst. The ideal candidate will provide quality control on new business forms to ensure data integrity for accurate conflicts analysis as well as perform conflicts searches on firm new business and prepare reports for analysis by Conflicts Attorneys and Department Management. You will assist Conflicts Attorneys and Department Managers with review, research and resolution of conflicts issues related to firm new business ensuring compliance with ethical standards in all jurisdictions as well as firm policies.
- New Business Intake:
- Provide overall quality control on new business requests to ensure data submitted is accurate and error free. Incorporate information from emails, comments, and phone, to ensure data is complete. Perform corporate research on new clients and related parties.
- Run conflicts searches on new business requests and prepare reports and summaries of results for Conflicts Attorney and Department Manager review. Perform analysis on search results as directed. Assist with resolution of conflict of interest issues as directed.
- Consent Documentation:
- Collaborate with Conflicts Attorney and Department Management to draft, send, and track receipt of consent letters.
- Ethical Walls:
- Work with Conflicts Attorney and Department Management to draft and post firmwide screening memoranda.
- Data Integrity:
- Identify and perform large-scale projects to reconcile information in the conflicts database.
Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Strong communication and superior customer service skills. Strong research skills. Ability to produce high quality work product and exercise sound judgment. Ability to take initiative and exercise discretion. Strong organizing, prioritizing skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Work well in a team-oriented environment.
Experience with new business intake process at a law firm. Experience with corporate and/or legal research. Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups. Ability to establish effective working relationships with lawyers, staff and administrative personnel. Perform well under pressure.
Education & Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of corporate experience, preferably in a legal environment. Prior research experience required. Understanding of relevant topics, legal issues, and the willingness to learn more required. Experience with conflicts database or similar program preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.