Chief Operating Officer
Perkins Coie Trust Company
Job #S20171116 – Seattle, Washington
The Chief Operating Officer will actively manage and direct all Perkins Coie Trust Company operational functions including trading, trust and securities recordkeeping, accounting, trust tax matters and financial accounting. This position will act as Deputy to the President and CEO on various Perkins Coie Trust Company matters to support strategic planning, financial management and accounting, along with contract management.
Primary job responsibilities may include:
- Manage and develop operations and technology for Perkins Coie Trust Company.
- Lead the team responsible for managing trade activities, custodial bank relationships and reconciliations.
- Recruit and manage personnel necessary to handle operational functions.
- Manage the risk management process and ongoing development/implementation of audit procedures.
- Manage the Company budget to Firm (Perkins Coie LLP) standards, including expense management and fee revenue.
- Prepare financial and regulatory reports. Administer internal audit/risk program in conjunction with the Firm’s internal auditor and coordinate SSAE audit.
- Direct fiduciary tax returns for clients with outside service providers and other tax matters including court accountings.
- Manage contract administration and vendor relationships.
- Participate in the Trust Investment Committee, Trust Administration Committee, Audit Committee and Board of Manager meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and project management skills, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills. The candidate must be skilled in trading/settlement procedures, trust tax matters and accounting principles. They must also be proficient in the full MS Office suite, database applications and standard trust accounting applications (FIS/SunGard or equivalent).
This position requires a BA in Finance/Accounting/Business and a minimum of 10 years of experience managing trust and/or securities operations or equivalent. CPA and MBA preferred. CSOP™ (Certified Securities Operations Professional) designation and completion of professional trust training (CTFA, Cannon or ABA programs) preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.