Business Development Director
Diversity & Inclusion
Job #S20200701H – New York, New York
Perkins Coie LLP has an immediate opening for a Business Development Director. This individual will work directly with the firm’s Strategic Diversity Committee (SDC) and be expected to collaborate with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and other firm stakeholders. The Business Development Director will be required to identify opportunities as well as design, organize and implement business development strategies.
This position is available in markets with Perkins Coie offices (https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/offices/index.html).
- Engages actively in growing and maintaining the firm’s legal services portfolio with clients, including institutional clients, and potential clients
- Develops and maintains relationships and communicates effectively with relationship partners to engage in outwardly facing activities to key constituents in order to drive expansion of client account touch points and sales growth
- Analyzes the firm’s client base and the marketplace to identify new and prospective clients
- Recognizes client and potential client priorities, and effectively communicates such priorities to SDC and relationship partners
- Helps client services teams develop and execute plans to grow specific client relationships, including influencing strategy, identifying practice area opportunities and securing engagements
- Develops a clear and consistently applied sales management process to increase new business
- Issues monthly reports on business development results to SDC and other key firm stakeholders
This position requires significant travel or, depending on continuing health concerns raised by the COVID-19 pandemic, virtual meetings.
- Executive-level presence, a high degree of poise
- The ability to interact effectively and build relationships with different constituencies
- The ability to influence actions to achieve desired results
- Willingness to learn and appreciate the firm’s expertise, capabilities, structure and client base
- Collaborates effectively and influences action without direct authority
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective within a matrix environment.
Experience and Education:
Over 8 years of demonstrated success in generating new revenue through engaging existing and potential clients such as in-house counsel and C-suite executives (portable relationships and contacts preferred). Bachelor’s degree required. JD or MBA preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.