Job #S20171101 – Seattle, Washington
The Leave Administrator is responsible for handling simple to complex leave administration, advising supervisors, interpreting policy, and assisting employees. They will work to ensure ongoing leave processes and procedures in place are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and administer FMLA and state leave processes.
- Administer Staff Sabbatical program: Verify qualifications, coordinate approval, process and track requests, draft communication, develop reports, and maintain records of the program.
- Work with benefits team members to ensure all benefits are considered and addressed during personnel leaves
- Audit programs and make recommendations for process improvements and policy changes.
- Monitor legislation and notify HR management of changes that affect the leave and disability plans and assist in the implementation of needed changes.
- Administer and promote a culture of wellness through administration of Wellness Challenge and other programs to promote cross utilization of benefits.
- Work with local Directors of Administration / HR Manager to respond to requests for employee accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Identify relevant issues, provide advice and counsel to employees and management regarding leave of absence practices, policies, and requirements.
- Facilitate training sessions relating to: leave of absence and time entry, Employee Sick Leave/Personal Time Off, accommodation processes and employee brown bag sessions.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and time management. As well as, math aptitude, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills. They must be able to work successfully in team environment with emphasis on customer service and communicate complex concepts effectively. Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting employers and employees with benefit and leave plans (ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, USERRA, FMLA) is a plus. Proficient in Word, Excel and data base systems. The candidate must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
This position requires a college degree and three to four years of experience working in leave administration or equivalent. Experience working in professional services environment and with employees in multiple locations, including California. Member of professional organization such as WP&BC, IFEBP, WorldatWork, etc and completion of benefits specific coursework, seminars, or professional designations preferred.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.