Audio Visual Technician
Job #S20180606 – Seattle, Washington
The Perkins Coie LLP is seeking a skilled Audio Visual Services Technician. This position is responsible for service delivery, coordination, end-user support and training for Seattle conference center and HQ meetings and events. They are responsible for ensuring that service level standards for the Seattle office are maintained. This role is based out of our Seattle office but provides supplemental support and coordination for offices firm-wide. Occasional events will require support outside of normal business hours. Occasional light travel is possible. Audio Visual Technician should be motivated to provide excellent customer service and support. Top notch troubleshooting methodology with the ability to perform in time sensitive situations is a must.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts and processes in a clear, concise, fashion to all levels of firm personnel
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with all levels of personnel
- Maintain a professional demeanor under stressful conditions
- Ability to quickly assimilate advanced technical information, organize and prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Experience with Telepresence endpoints (Cisco, Polycom), Desktop video clients (Jabber, Lync), Collaboration and meeting platforms (Webex, GotoMeeting), Windows and Mac computers, Microsoft Powerpoint and the Office Suite
Additional helpful skills and expertise:
- Room AV Integration Technology (Crestron, Extron, Biamp), Non-linear editing with Final Cut X and/or Adobe Creative Cloud, HD Cameras and related accessories, Interview and Event Lighting, Live Production Switchers (Blackmagic ATEM, etc), Audio and Video Recording Equipment, Matrix Switchers, Mixers, Encoders, Amps and Digital Signal Processors. RTMP and HTTP Streaming, Flash Media Live Encoder, Wirecast, and hardware encoders and basic network troubleshooting skills and knowledge, both LAN and WAN
- Knowledge of Active Directory environments and Microsoft SCCM
- Knowledge of legal-specific software for Document Management Systems, records management, and timekeeping
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years’ experience AV technical support including prior experience troubleshooting videoconferencing, displays, switching, room controls, and AV integration technology
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.