Payroll & Investment Accountant
Job #S20180610 – Seattle, Washington
The Seattle Office of Perkins Coie is seeking an experienced Payroll Investment Accountant. This position will perform regular and project assignments required for the Partner Accounting Team, including Partner Payroll, Investment Accounting and Perkins Coie Foundation Accounting.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in Professional Corporation and firm affiliates bookkeeping including payroll, payroll taxes, accounts payable, tax deposits, and preparation & distribution of financial and tax reports.
- Responsible for developing and administering processes to analyze, reconcile and resolve discrepancies in PC general ledger accounts.
- Create payroll deductions and earnings import file spreadsheets and upload to the Payroll system.
- Examine pre-check payroll for accuracy, including verification of appropriate deductions.
- Responsible for sending payroll direct deposit files, net pay allocation & tax impound spreadsheets to the bank.
- Research and respond professionally to questions from partners and legal practice assistants regarding PC accounts payable (partner expense reports).
- Generate and distribute Form-1099’s for the Professional Corporations, W-2c’s for Payroll, and W-2s for International Accounting.
- Prepare and process check requests and deposits.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for all investment entity bank accounts, with the ability to investigate discrepancies and properly code transactions.
- Maintain inventory log of investment stock certificates.
Specific Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to personally work effectively with Partners and other Affiliates of the firm.
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic finance/accounting principles and procedures.
- Must be accurate, organized, thorough, acutely attentive to details, and a quick learner.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Fluent in MS Outlook and Word applications. Advanced user of MS Excel (ability to perform and manipulate functions such as VLookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Ability to respond to questions in a timely manner and convey difficult information with clarity and professionalism.
- Must have familiarity with basic finance/accounting procedures, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
- General knowledge of standard databases is preferred
Education & Experience:
- Requires a BA degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Requires three to five years of relevant accounting and/or full charge bookkeeping experience or equivalent.
- Payroll specific experience and familiarity with ADP is beneficial. Law firm or professional services firm experience a plus.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.