Privacy & Data Security - Associate Attorney - Midlevel
Privacy & Data Security
Job #A20200803C – San Francisco, California
Perkins Coie is seeking an associate to join our Chambers-ranked Privacy and Security team in our Seattle, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Washington DC, or New York office. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years of experience practicing privacy law, ideally at the intersection of privacy and technology
- Knowledge of US federal and state privacy laws, including the CCPA, COPPA, VPPA, TCPA, and FTC privacy-related enforcement actions
- Experience counseling on self-regulatory regimes such as NAI and DAA and European data protection laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort with analyzing and interpreting laws and regulations and providing practical implementable advice
- Experience with FTC or State Attorney General privacy or data security investigations or enforcement actions
- A passion for technology and working collaboratively with clients
- Superior academic credentials and top AmLaw firm, relevant government, or in-house experience.
We are a collaborative team of lawyers with a passion for technology, problem-solving, and addressing cutting-edge issues. We work with the country’s biggest and most innovative companies, including in the technology, media, and retail sectors. While we work hard to meet our clients’ needs, we also value critical thinking, collegiality, mentorship, and life outside of the office.
To apply, please access the link below and attach your cover letter, resume, and law school transcript.
Perkins Coie LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” To request a disability accommodation in the application process, please click here. Perkins Coie participates in E-Verify, please view the following links for details in English and Spanish. For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.