Associate (Shanghai Office Representative)
Yingli Wang is an associate in the firm's Intellectual Property practice, with a primary focus on biotechnology and polymer/material industry.
Yingli provides clients with a range of intellectual property services, including patent procurement, patent strategy counseling, due diligence, and patentability and freedom to operate opinion. She also has provided support in patent litigations and interferences. Yingli has represented clients in matters covering a wide range of technologies. Representative technologies include small molecule therapeutics, genetic diagnostic methods, nucleic acid sequencing and detection methods, chemical processes, and polymer compositions. Representative clients include start-ups, private research institutions and large companies.
Yingli was trained as an organic/polymer chemist. Her doctoral research focused on synthesis of modified DNA and investigation of the modification in DNA’s biological functions.
- Perkins Coie LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Summer Associate, 2006 & 2007
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Northwestern University, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2004
- University of Maryland Baltimore County, M.S., Chemistry, 1999
- University of Science & Technology of China, B.S., Chemistry, 1997
- Chinese - Cantonese
- Chinese - Mandarin