Worker Safety & Health |
Perkins Coie attorneys have substantial experience defending clients in Occupational Safety and Health Act ("OSHA") and Mine Safety and Health Act ("MSHA") claims brought by state and federal governments and counseling clients on worker safety and health related matters around the country. Our attorneys have hands-on knowledge of workplace OSHA/MSHA issues in a variety of industries and represent employers in compliance, enforcement, standard-setting and litigation matters.
Perkins Coie regularly advises a broad range of clients on compliance issues and self audits. We also represent clients involved in civil and criminal OSHA/MSHA investigations, contested cases, appellate litigation and negotiations. Usually, we are special counsel involved in matters involving catastrophic and fatality accident investigations. In addition, we have a successful record of litigating before the Review Commissions and the state OSHA/MSHA agencies and courts, as well as providing advice regarding legislative representation and modifications of worker safety and health standards.
Perkins Coie's broad spectrum of services provided to employers, mine operators, and individual officers, directors and agents of industry and business clients, include:
- Representation concerning catastrophic and fatality accident investigations, emergency response, law enforcement, insurance and public relations.
- Defense of state and federal safety and health criminal prosecutions.
- Defense of civil citations before the federal Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, the federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission, and numerous state occupational safety and health boards.
- Assistance with and supervision of governmental inspections.
- Development and implementation of required safety and health programs and policies.
- Development and implementation of employer inspection programs and assistance with supervisor training and education.