Sonny Allison, a partner in the firm's Business practice, focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, private equity and venture capital.
Sonny regularly counsels public and private companies and private equity funds in corporate transactions, corporate governance matters and securities law compliance matters. His clients range in size from small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. He has extensive experience with public and private mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations, tender offers and going private transactions, asset acquisitions and dispositions, initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, PIPE and 144A transactions, private placements and venture capital financings.
Sonny is a frequent speaker and author on mergers & acquisitions trends and issues faced by public companies and boards of directors.
- Ranked by Chambers USA: "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (Corporate/M&A), 2010 - 2012
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2013
- Listed in Super Lawyers, "Colorado Rising Stars," Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012 - 2013
- Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP, Denver, CO, Associate, 2000 - 2002
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, NY, Summer Associate, Associate, 1998 - 2000
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Washington, D.C., Summer Honors Program
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1998
Editor, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform
- Dartmouth College, A.B., Economics and Government, with high honors, 1995