Ryan Mrazik is an associate in the firm's Litigation practice and a member of the firm's Privacy & Security, Internet Industry and Social Media groups.
Ryan's litigation practice focuses on privacy-related class action litigation, including under the federal Wiretap Act, Stored Communications Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and other federal and state privacy and data security statutes. In addition, Ryan handles other litigation, including consumer protection, contract, and intellectual property, in both federal and state courts for a wide range of technology and other clients.
In addition to his litigation practice, Ryan assists communications service providers in responding to government and other requests for lawfully authorized electronic surveillance and disclosure under the federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), including under the Wiretap Act (Title III), the Pen Register/Trap and Trace Statute, and the Stored Communications Act. He is also part of a rapid response team that helps defend clients against illegal spamming, phishing, and other malicious online behavior. Finally, he assists clients in addressing issues related to privacy and data security policies and procedures; data breach notification and response; computer intrusions and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act; and service provider rights and obligations under the Communications Decency Act.
In 2008, Ryan completed a Perkins Coie Internet Law Fellowship, during which he worked on emerging issues in internet law and implemented his knowledge through on-site placement with the firm's communications service provider and technology clients.
- Court-Appointed Special Advocates for Children, Washington, D.C., Court-Appointed Special Advocate, 2004 - 2006
- District of Columbia Employment Justice Center, Washington, D.C., Intake Volunteer, 2004
- Professor Andrew Schoenholtz, Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C., Research Assistant, 2007 - 2008
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2007
- Department of Justice, Civil Division, Office of National Courts, Washington, D.C., Legal Intern, 2007
- District of Columbia Law Students in Court Program, Washington, D.C., Intake Specialist and Investigator, Summer 2006
- Association of Academic Health Centers, Washington, D.C., Program Assistant, 2003 - 2006
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2008
Senior Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of International Law
- Georgetown University, B.S., Foreign Service, 2003