Real Estate |
The Perkins Coie Real Estate group provides clients with comprehensive services encompassing the full range of commercial real estate and development issues. With more than 50 lawyers in offices across the country, the team has the depth and diversity of experience to handle a wide variety of projects, including resort hotels, golf course and housing developments, mixed use projects, shopping centers, corporate campuses, retirement communities, industrial facilities and public/private developments.
The group helps clients with all aspects of the financing, acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of major projects nationally and internationally. We also help corporate clients with the lease and sublease of commercial space and, when necessary, we help clients with restructurings and workouts.
Backed by the resources of a full-service law firm with more than 900 attorneys, the real estate group also advises clients on the entire range of ancillary issues that arise in real estate transactions, including tax, environmental and bankruptcy matters.
The services the group provides include:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions: Our lawyers assist in the formation of partnerships and limited liability companies, and the negotiation of joint venture agreements and purchase and sale agreements, including tax-efficient structuring, in connection with the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Construction and Development: Members of the group handle all aspects of development projects. We prepare and negotiate design, construction and development agreements, restrictive covenants and ground leases.
- Financing: The group represents numerous investment groups, financial institutions and borrowers in private and public financings, securitizations, mezzanine and other structured finance options.
- Leasing/Subleasing: All areas of leasing activity, including industrial ground leases, sale-leaseback transactions, and retail and office leases of all kinds are part of Perkins Coie's comprehensive representation of developers, owners and lenders.
- Real Estate Fund Formation: Our lawyers assist in the formation of private equity funds for various classes of real estate investments, as well as all other investment vehicles such as partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and REITs.